So, My Blog was Nominated for a Liebster Award11:58 AM
So, the Liebster award. I am not really knowledgeable about all these awards floating around in the blogosphere, but the Liebster is one that exists, and apparently my blog was nominated! I think it's mainly just a helpful tool to help little blogs like this get readership, and for that I am genuinely appreciative. So thank you, Leela from Along Came Mummy for nominating me. I will do my best to fulfill this prophecy of greatness!
So, if you were nominated by me, here's the breakdown of the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
3. Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
4. Nominate 10 new bloggers with less than 200 followers that you want to share with the world.
5. Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating6. Notify the bloggers that you have nominated by leaving a comment on their blog. (I'll probably do this via Twitter instead.)
Here are the questions I was asked by Leela (who has a cat named Yoda. I thought you should know.)
1. What’s your favourite (non-blog) website?
I’m a big fan of Lifehacker.com. I’ve got their RSS feed right on my PC desktop, and the headlines on productivity and tech always seem to have me clicking before I even know I’m doing it. A runner up is Amazon. I mean, what can you NOT find there? It’s always my #1 shopping destination. You just can’t beat Amazon Prime. Plus not having to leave the house = win.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Ireland is where my husband and I are really itching to vacation. We are both Irish (He’s 99%, I’m a little less) and the combination of lush rolling hills and lots of Irish beer just sounds like a fantastic time.
3. Is there any world city you found disappointing or underwhelming when you visited it?
Nope. The only really interesting place I’ve been is Italy, and it was amazing.
4. What epitaph would you have written on your gravestone?
A girl who lived, loved, and tried to have fun.
5. What do you do to overcome writers’ block?
Just write SOMETHING. You can always edit later. I write for a living as a freelancer, and usually I’m given a topic, so it helps not starting from scratch.
6. What is your ‘guilty pleasure’ TV show or film?
Cheesy 80’s movies that no one seems to remember but me. Morgan Stewart’s Coming Home, anyone? A show I'm not afraid to admit I like: Outlander. Kilts make everything better. Morgan Stewart would have been even better if Jon Cryer had worn a kilt. Well, maybe I take that back...
7. If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be?
Probably the 1920’s with those crazy flappers and their kooky bob haircuts. It seems like a hip decade. I’d be terribly out of place.
8. If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be & why?
Tina Fey. Yeah. Accurate.
9. If you were to invite 2 celebrities to your home for dinner, who would they be? What would you serve them for dinner?
Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves – so I can say I had dinner with Bill and Ted. We’d likely just have pudding cups because who doesn’t like pudding cups? I mean, screw cooking, Bill and Ted are here and we have an excellent adventure to embark on!
10.What is your favourite thing to do first thing in the morning?
Is this a trick question? Drink coffee. Preferably on my porch swing with my husband and baby nearby for snuggles. I am a simple woman.
New questions for the bloggers I nominate:
1. What did you do for your last birthday?
2. What is the weirdest thing about you, and would you change it?
3. If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
4. Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with?
5. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
6. If you joined the circus, what would you perform?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is the best compliment you've received?
9. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
10. You can have only one meal for the rest of your life. What would it be?